Friday, July 4, 2014

Getting to the Point With Touch Math (Plus a FREE Set of Posters)

Happy summer all!
I cannot believe how quickly it is passing.  I (like most teachers this time of year) am preforming a balancing act.  I'm trying to balance productivity with some needed down time.  Since I was on vacation last week, this week I decided to check a couple of items off of my to do list for school.  One item on my list was to complete my touch math addition packet.
I am a huge fan of touch math.  Using touch points to add and subtract has served my students well over the years.  I am always please with their accuracy and I have touch math to thank for it.  
All along I have been teaching touch math with the same set of materials.  They're great, but they're getting a little ragged and I can really use some additional practice printables.  So I came up with Touch Math Magic {Basic Addition With Touch Points}.


This packet includes an informational note to parents, touch point number posters, desk helpers, memorization cards, and 40 printable practice pages.  The practice pages are simple and come in a variety of layouts.

There is also a set of play dough (or wikki stix or dry erase) mats that are perfect for touch point memorization.
(I'll use these mats as part of my beginning of the year math centers.)

I'm really excited to start the year with this set of resources to supplement what I already have.  If you are interested in this packet, you can find out more about it at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  

Below you will find a FREE set of touch point number posters from this packet.  Click on the picture for your copy.

Touch math is a great math strategy for young learners.  If you have never used it before, it's definitely worth checking out.
As always, thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks!! Off to check out your store....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love TouchMath and would like to use your posters, but I can't get the link to work. :( Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange. I just checked the link and it worked for me. Try again. If it doesn't work, email me at schoolisahappyplace@gmail.com.
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Amber

      Delete
  3. my husband was searching for WI WB-24 several days ago and used a great service that hosts a huge forms library . If others want WI WB-24 too , here's a https://goo.gl/QGssxG.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I teach special education and use touchmath every day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello. Due to COVID and my husband's heart issues I had to retire from my 20 year teaching career this summer. I have begun to tutor on line. I prepare my own lessons and would appreciate your allowing me to purchase and use the Touchpoint materials. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. My email is schoolisahappyplace@gmail.com.

      Delete