Friday, January 25, 2013

Super Bowl Shuffle

It's football time in first grade!
We are counting down to Super Bowl XLVII.  It is just a little over a week away.  I'm trying to put together a few little fun activities for the Friday before the big game.  One activity my firsties will do (as a review) is a sentence sort where they determine if a sentence is a statement, a question, or an exclamation.  
It includes three sorting mats, twelve sentence cards, and three different recording sheets.  I plan on making enough sets of the cards to use as a partner activity.  You can also use it as a literacy station or maybe as a whole group pocket chart activity. 
The clip art is really cute and is from Melonheadz.  
You can grab a free copy of my Super Bowl Sentence Sort by clicking on the picture below.  
A  agreed to demonstrate.
As you can see we are pretty excited about sentence sorting at my house.    
One book I plan on using that day is Kick, Pass, and Run by Leonard Kessler.  It gives a simple introduction to football as a group of animals organize their own football game after watching a young team play.  I think I bought my copy through amazon.
I hope these suggestions inspire you to add a little Super Bowl learning to your classroom.  If you have any questions, please email me.  
Have a fun Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment