Saturday, February 1, 2014

Getting Back Into the Swing of Things and a Math Center Freebie for February

What a difference a week can make.  Last week D and I were in New Orleans sleeping in (a little), eating awesome food, and enjoying some fun people watching.  We had a great time, but I started off my week exhausted.
I am so thankful we made it home before all of the snow, cold, and ice hit.
A  of course, loved playing in the snow.  We do not see it very often, so she took full advantage of sledding, snowballs, snow angels, and anything else she could come up with.

Because of the snow, I ended up getting a few days off from school to recover my trip, which was really nice.  But, my plans for school are a total wash.
My Groundhog Day and Superbowl activities are going to have to be revamped or maybe scratched.  Plus, when we get back to school on Monday, it will be February, time for new math and literacy centers.
My first grade friends have yet to work through all of our January centers, so I may put off the switch for a few days.  When I do trade centers, they will be working out of my new (and on sale through Monday) Classroom Cupids {10 Literacy Centers for February} and Classroom Cupids {10 Math Centers for February} packets.
Classroom Cupids {10 Math Centers for February} hits skills such as subtraction, addition, nonstandard measurement, time to the half hour, place value, number comparisons, and more.  You can click on the picture above for more information.

Love Bug Doubles is a free center from Classroom Cupids {10 Math Centers for February}.  It focuses on addition facts with doubles and doubles +1.  If you would like your own copy, click on the picture below.

I hope this freebie is something you can use with your students and I hope you have a great week.
Best.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some time away! A sounds like she had fun in the snow and the picture is adorable. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand about the timing on changing centers. We had days off, 2 hour late days and then our regularly scheduled PD days. I considered starting anew with the workstations but I have an IEP meeting and don't want them to start new with a sub. Your packet looks like it has some awesome centers. I teach kindergarten but I am going to try this freebie with some of my advanced students. Thank you.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete