Saturday, July 26, 2014

You're Finally Here! (Back to School Fun)

Well, it's just about here . . . the beginning of the school year.  I have one day and about ten hours left of summer break.  I was in and out of my room earlier this week, starting to get my ducks in a row.  You know how things are when teachers start back, lots of trainings, meetings, and catching up with coworkers.  My room isn't ready yet, but I have made progress.
Getting my room in shape is not my only challenge, planning for the first week can be a bit tricky.  Of course I'll spend a lot of time teaching and practicing classroom procedures with my new students.  I also have few go-to read alouds and activities that are musts.  One of my favorite back to school read alouds is Melanie Watt's book, You're Finally Here!



I've had this book for a couple of years and my students really enjoyed it.  The illustrations are lively and bold.  It's one of those books that you will probably find your students talking back to (like Mo Willems' Pigeon books).  Anyway, reading You're Finally Here! is a great way to kick things off with a new group of learners.

After sharing this book, I'll be using it as a jumping off point for some literacy and math learning with my new packet, You're Finally Here! {Back to School Literacy and Math Activities}.


This packet includes a getting to know you listening activity, an about me booklet, two abc order printables, two labeling printables, two graphing printables, two ten frame printables, and a craftivity.
If you are interested, You're Finally Here! {Back to School Literacy and Math Activities} is available at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  You can click on the picture for more information.
This packet, as well as my back to school literacy and math centers, will be on sale for the next few days.  So, if you are looking for some new back to school resources, now would be a perfect time to stock up.
Best.

4 comments:

  1. Melanie Watt is one of my favorite authors - I always read Squaredy Squirrel, but I'll have to check this one out, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great start to this new school year! I've added this book to my BTS shopping list!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book and all of your activities look adorable! Happy school year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, I always LOVE your book suggestions! I hope you're getting a cut from Amazon, cause... you're sending lots of business their way! :) Have a wonderful year!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete