Wednesday, June 17, 2015

The Daily 5: Breaking It Down (Part 2)

Hi All.
Time for Part 2 of my three part series breaking down The Daily 5.  In Part 2, we'll take a look at what you need to get started and the first days of The Daily 5, also known as "the launch."
Part 2 is the longest in the series.  The Daily 5 Second Edition goes into a lot of detail about launching The Daily 5.  The launch is a very important component of The Daily 5.  Really understanding how to train your students, will set the stage for a well managed and effective Daily 5 classroom.










































The time you spend preparing your classroom, gathering materials, and training your students, is a huge part of The Daily 5.  Once you have hit those marks, The Daily 5 should run smoothly for the rest of the year (on most days ;) ).
Thanks for visiting.  Be sure to stop back by for Part 3 of The Daily 5:  Breaking It Down.  We'll be focusing on The Cafe's role in The Daily 5 and Math Daily 3.
Best.


10 comments:

  1. This is the Daily 5 Launch jackpot! Thanks for all the info, Amber!
    Aylin :)
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try to "launch" Daily 5 again in my classroom. Last school year I tried, but crashed and burned - mostly my fault. I was not willing to stick it out and did not understand exactly how it worked in the classroom. I think I have a better handle on it now since I have read blogs and talked with teachers, but am still very apprehensive about starting again. These blogs help me so much. Looking forward to the third one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great review! I hope you're getting as much out of writing these blogs as we are reading them. I love looking at the pictures of your classroom. It's an awesome space. We are moving to a brand new building this year and I'm anxious to get in and set things up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. Great group of books to show Good Fit Books. I reserved them all from my library already!

      Delete
  4. I love your daily 5 blogs! Thanks for your amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, your blog is very precious and informative , indeed school is a happy place . i like your post and want to share others .Cheap dissertation writing services

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really appreciate this something really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete