Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Teacher Talk Tuesday: April 30, 2013

I remember when I was a new mom, I read tons of books and articles about parenting, developmental milestones, personality traits, and on and on.  One personality trait stuck with me, "slow to warm."  In most new situations my little  A  is slow to warm.
She likes to observe and certainly takes her time before she jumps in.  I must admit that I am "slow to warm" when it comes to technology.  However, today is not the day to be slow.  Today is the day to be quick to warm.
After seeing lots of other fantastic bloggers expanding their tech horizons with Instagram, I decided to take the plunge.  Signing up was very simple.  I didn't have a chance to take a school pic.  So I interrupted my poor dog's nap and snapped my first Instagram picture.


Now that I have figured out how to sign up and take a picture, I'm off to "follow" some of my favorite teacher bloggers.  I would love for you to follow me @schoolisahappyplace.  As of now I have zero followers.  Hey but I can only go up  r i g h t ?
Check out What the Teacher Wants or Apples and ABC's if you would like to see who else is Instagraming.

Best.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I almost started crying when I saw your beautiful photo. Your dog looks EXACTLY like our sweet Chester (he's been gone for 3 years now). He has the same curls, colouring, freckles and eye patches!! Such a sweet picture.
    And of course I'm now following you on Instagram. I'm new at it, too. I'm @gradeonederful.com
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops. @gradeonederful haha! There's no dot com.

      Delete
  2. New follower here! I'm a 5th grade teacher and christian life+style blogger... Was drawn to your site because I used to use an Always in Bluhm design! Great minds think alike lol. Love your site and will be using some of your tips. Thanks!

    xoxo,
    Jessica
    www.proverbsliving.org

    ReplyDelete