Friday, April 12, 2013

With My Own Two Hands a FREE Earth Day Writing Craftivity

Hi friends.
Can you believe it is nearly the middle of April???  Time is racing.  We are just a little over a week away from Earth Day (April 22nd).  Before any more time slips away, I wanted to share a couple of things I will be using with my first graders on that day.
First up is this cute writing craftivity, based on Ben Harper's song With My Own Two Hands.  As a class, we will brainstorm ways to help the Earth.  After creating our list, students will write some ways they can change the world with their own two hands.
If you would like a FREE copy of this activity, click on one of the pictures below.
Just a few notes about this craftivity:  the sandals are made from scraps and I'll show the kids how to put them together, I included a color option or black line option for the Earth, the clip art is from Scrappin Doodles, I also plan to hot glue the hands on the Earth for the kiddos (simpler that way).  Oh, and one other thing, I made a writing page for younger students with no lines, just in case you would like to have your darlings draw, instead of write.

Moving on . . .
I will probably start the Earth Day with Victoria Kann's newish book Emeraldalicious.  It came out in January of this year.  In it, Pinkalicious helps beautify a park that has been filled with stinky trash.  This story may help my little learners come up with some great ideas for our brainstorm list and to complete their writing assignment.

I hope I have given you some ideas for Earth Day.  Oh, by the way if you would like my free math Earth Day activity, you can click here.
Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment