Friday, March 29, 2013

Rain Rain Go Away, Make Way for Earth Day (A Math Box FREEBIE)

Hello friends.
Today is day nine of possibly the ugliest spring weather on record.  March is coming to an end and next week I will put out new math boxes (math centers, math stations, math tubs . . . whatever you want to call them).  I change out my boxes monthly.  Since Easter is not in April this year, I'd like to stay away from Easter themed activities for my boxes this month.  I'm sure my first graders will not really care either way.
One activity I plan on using is an Earth Day themed box to practice missing addends.  If you click on the picture below you can have a free copy of this activity.
There are sixteen equation cards, sixteen addend cards, and a recording sheet.  The recording sheet can be a stand alone worksheet if you want.  The clip art is from Scrappin Doodles.

I have my fingers crossed that as we move into April we will see some nicer weather.  Last week we had our egg hunt at church.
A  with her buddy  A  at this year's egg "hunt"
I absolutely shouldn't call it a hunt.  Our weather was rainy and yuck, so we had to stay inside.  Our youth station themselves around the church and handed out candy filled eggs like it was Halloween.  The kids were just as happy, but the parent paparazzi was not.  My pictures this year are not nearly as sweet as when the hunt is outside on a sunny day.  But, we still had a nice time.
I hope you and your families have a blessed Easter and enjoy your time together.
Email me if you have any questions.  If you would like another free Earth Day themed activity for your class, you can click here.
Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment