Friday, August 16, 2013

Five for Friday: August 16, 2013

Two weeks in and so far so good.  The first three weeks of school are always crazy, no matter how much prep I do over the summer.  So I have one more week to go until smooth sailing (he he he).
Needless to say, I'm so glad it's Friday!  Here are a five random things from an awesomely busy week.  (Thanks Doodle Bugs Teaching :).

Number 1
My daughter turned 6 last Saturday.  We had a fun birthday party at our house.  It was a monster theme.  Let me tell you, there is nothing like getting ready to host a party the first weekend back to school.

Number 2
For A's birthday gift we added two little bunny sisters to our family (Sweetie and Gracie).  We have never had bunnies before.  A was thrilled.  I'm hoping to figure out a way for the buns to visit my classroom.  I'm sure my kids at school will love them just as much as A.

Number 3
A started kindergarten on Monday.  She knows a couple little girls in her class from preschool and from gymnastics.  Her teacher seem to be a fab fit for her.  We are looking forward to a great and interesting year.

Number 4
My little artists at school helped me decorate my walls this week with their versions of the bunny from Melanie Watt's You're Finally Here! (a great back to school read aloud).  They turned out super cute.  The eyebrows on the bunnies are hilarious.
I must give a shout out to my new circle punches from Hobby Lobby.  Awe-some.
I'm working on posting this pattern soon.

Number 5
I finished up my September Smarties {10 Math Centers} packet.  It is Common Core aligned and focuses on addition concepts, number order, telling time, and more.  Click on the picture below for more information.   You can also click here if you would like a FREE copy of one of the centers featured in this packet. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  Be sure to go by Doodle Bugs Teaching to check out some more Five for Friday fun.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday A! That bunny is adorable!! I love your bunny craft too!

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is so sweet. Everything made me smile. Little A looks adorable for her sixth b-day and her first day of school. She looks like mom! And the bunnies HAVE to go to school! to go with the book and art project. I'm going to look for some circle punches. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEHEHE those eyebrows!! Love it. Have a great year!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete