Saturday, November 23, 2013

Five for Friday: The Turkey Edition (Plus a FREE Math Mini Book Just in Time for Thanksgiving)

Let me start by saying, I love Thanksgiving.  This time of the year gives be such a warm feeling.  The weather, the food, family parties, really focusing on gratitude, and fun activities with my firsties are just some of the reasons Thanksgiving is one of my favorite times of the year.  It's only fitting that my Five for Friday are all related to Thanksgiving.

Number 1
On Friday my students made these really cute wooden spool turkeys.  We used spools, feathers, craft foam, pipe cleaners, felt, and a sharpie marker.  These turkeys aways turn out adorable and the kids enjoy making them.

Number 2
This week my daughter's kindergarten class worked on a turkey in disguise for their homework.  She made her turkey into pigeon.  Yes I help cut out the pigeon body.  She took care of all the gluing and coloring.  It was a fun project.  The fat pigeon cracks me up.

Number 3
I just finished up a math mini book freebie that we will use next week.  We are in school for a couple of days before going on Thanksgiving break.  It's Turkey Time will be math on Monday.  If you would like a free copy of this mini book, click on the picture below.

Number 4
My love of Thanksgiving is on display in our house.  Among some of our decoration is a vintage turkey collection.  I'm always on the look out for new turkeys to add to the flock.  I love getting these out each year.

Number 5
Next week my students will, of course, complete a project about things they are thankful for.  Top on my list is my family.  My sweet husband is such a wonderful dad and my daughter . . . well there are no words.  I am so blessed to have them in my life.



Thank you for stopping by and thanks again to Doodle Bugs Teaching for hosting Five for Friday.

3 comments:

  1. I love this time of year too. That spool turkey is really cute and unique-I've never seen one and I've been around for a long time! A's turkey turned out well. Your family is precious. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your math mini books! Thank you so much!! Happy Thanksgiving!
    Maria
    meemsickle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the math mini-book! Love it.

    ReplyDelete