Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Be Mine Yes or No Way (A Valentine's Math Box FREEBIE)

My sweeties started their math boxes yesterday for the month of February.  I generally (but not exclusively) use these boxes to review and reinforce various math skills.  I find my firsties need constant reminders that they do know how to do things, because sometimes they forget they know.
My students work in pairs to complete the math box tasks.  I spend a good amount of time training them to take turns and how to coach each other when needed.
I'll try to post more specifics about how I use math boxes (math tubs, math stations, math centers . . . whatever you want to call them).  But for the time being I'll share a box I am using this month.  It is a number comparison sorting activity that uses the Whole Brain Teaching line of questioning YES or NO WAY.  Which is basically like TRUE or FALSE.
If you would like a FREE copy of this activity click on the picture below.

The activity includes two sorting mats, sixteen number comparison cards, and a recording sheet that has a cut and glue option.  You can use the recording sheets as a stand alone printable if you want.  The clip art is from Scrappin Doodles.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment