Saturday, February 9, 2013

We Heart Fractions (A Fraction Freebie)

It's the weekend before Valentine's Day.  Next week looks to be pretty busy.  Before things get too crazy, I though I might share a little something we will be using in math.  My firsties have been working on fractions for a week now.  We have mainly focused on fractions of shapes.  Next we'll work on fractions of groups.
I love teaching fractions.  Lots of chances for hands on activities.  I really like bringing in food as manipulatives.  However, we do put pencil to paper on occasion.
I made a couple of free printable Valentine's themed fraction activities.  They cover halves, thirds, and fourths of groups.
Click on the picture below for your copy.
The clip art is from Melonheadz and Scrappin Doodles.  Please email me if you have any questions.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment