Saturday, February 23, 2013

Seeing Green (FREE Fraction Math Box and Printable)

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.  Well, strike the best of times part.
Last week was moving along, despite the fact our wonderful first grade instructional assistant was out recovering from a surgery.  On Monday I led a system wide math box pd after school.  Things went pretty well. The sweet k-2 teachers participating seemed interested, which made me feel at ease.  Of course getting ready for something like that takes time away from my regular routine.
After checking Monday's pd off my list, I started thinking about prep for March.  Mainly, what math box (math stations, centers, whatever you want to call them) activities did I want for the upcoming month?  As visions of shamrocks, cat hats, and basketballs (The Final Four) danced in my head, the stomach virus struck!
My poor  A  has never really been sick before and at dinner on Wednesday night her lucky streak ended.  After lots and lots of, well you know, we made our way to the emergency room.  From midnight to 6:30 a.m. we sat and waited for a cure for our poor little girl.  After two bags of iv fluid and finally being able to hold down a cup of Sprite, she was discharged.
Needless to say, I missed school on Thursday and played catch up on Friday.  So now with  A  on the mend, I'm back on my March math box mission.
One box I will be using will serve as a review of fractions of a group.
If you would like a FREE copy of this math box activity, click on the picture below.


This activity includes six sorting mats, eighteen treat cards, and a recording sheet.  The recording sheet can certainly stand alone if you do not want to do the sorting activity.  The clip art is from Scrappin Doodles.
Contact me with any questions.
Stay healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment