Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Spread Some Cheer This Year (With Some FREE Printables)

Winter break is almost over.  My first graders will be bopping through the door in a few days.  We will be hitting number comparisons for the next couple of weeks.  Every time I teach greater than and less than, I think about my second grade teacher and the little rubber alligator she got out when she introduced the > and < signs.  The open alligator mouth was the visual I needed to remember how to use those signs from that point on.
Now the alligator is certainly my go to, as I'm sure it's yours too.  When I started teaching I found this great puppet.
In class he's known as My Pal Al.  My first grade sweeties LOVE him.  He's silly looking and has some really pointy teeth.  I bought him at Target years ago.  He is still available.  I recently found him at Amazon.  He's made by Manhattan Toy Company.  He's is pretty fun to have in your class when your are teaching greater than and less than.
Something else I plan on using this year is a poster and poem I found on Pinterest.
I tracked it down to teacherbitsandbobs.blogspot.com
I've included a few printables I will be using this year as well.  (The clipart is from Scrappin Doodles.) 
You can get your own free copies by clicking on the picture below.

Finally I thought I'd leave you with a shot from my last celebration of the holiday season.  My birthday is on New Year's Day.  After a late night, we had a low key brunch at my parent's house.  If you look closely at all the candles, A is about to help me blow out, you'll know how old I am.  She made sure she put on exactly the right amount.  She's such a sweetheart.

Have a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment