Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Baby B and Baby D Freebie

Hi friends.  Today I took a bit of time with b and d discrimination in my first grade class.  Letter reversals alarm parents, but of course they are common in K and 1 classrooms.  However, my goal is to nix the reversals of letters and numbers.  But baby b and baby d are always tricky.
There are several tricks to add a visual or some type of reminder to b and d formations.  My favorite is pictured below.
A very dear friend and coworker showed me the b (bat before the ball) and d (dish before the knife) visual during my first year working in first grade.  I created a set of posters to illustrate this little trick.  
If you would like a FREE copy of these posters, click on one of the pictures below.

I hope these posters can be of use to you.  For more ideas on how to get lower case b and lower case d across to your students, check out Pinterest.
Thanks so much for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!! I love these- super helpful! I was looking for something just like this to help my kiddos that still reverse letters. I'm pinning them too.
    Karli
    Creating a Thoughtful Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amber! I love these! It is great to have different ways to show b and d- because you never know which one may just click for a child! Thank you for making and sharing these!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these...I have also heard of doorknob before the door....Would you consider making one with that? I LOVE you dish/knife though! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Do you have a poster for p and q?

    ReplyDelete