Monday, September 23, 2013

Motivate Me Monday: The Proud Mom Edition

And we're off.  Another Monday has came and (almost) went.  If you're needing some encouragement, inspiration, fun, or have something to share, be sure to check out First Grade Buddies Motivate Me Monday linkup.
My Monday Motivation involves a little bit of tooting my own horn.  My sweet daughter has read her first book.
As a first grade teacher, I have been working toward and waiting for this day for a long time.  We, of course, have read tons of books since A was born.  I have also used every trick that she would allow me to use to help her learn (and hopefully love) to read.
She is in her 6th week of kindergarten and the light is on.  I'm so excited.
My take away lessons for my sweeties at school is be patient.  Stick with it.  My job is to support, encourage, and provide loads of learning opportunities so that when their lights come on, they will shine brightly.

If you are looking for a way to enrich your students learning opportunities you may want to check out this adorable set of posters by Stephanie at Principle Principals.  They are super colorful (featuring covers from favorite children's book) and full of important content.   If you hurry you might win them.  She's having a give away contest.

Thanks so much for stopping by.  For more words of wisdom and ideas to get you through the week, visit Sarah and Tamra at First Grade Buddies.  Have a great evening!

5 comments:

  1. Amber, your daughter is just precious! Congrats to both of you on such an important milestone. I remember when my girls started reading too, it was very special.

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter! :) I could surely tell she is your little girl! What a sweetie! The fun has just begun! ;)
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up! How exciting to have your own little reader!
    Tamra and Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading about your new reader! Wonderful to see that light on... Magical time!

    All the best--
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete