Saturday, September 28, 2013

Five for Friday on Saturday: September 28, 2013

Well friends, it has been one of those weeks.  So hopefully you'll excuse my Five for Friday being on Saturday.  This week was marked my lots of traveling and performing.  I may be a tad behind on some home projects, but I have loads of new iphone pics : ) .  Here's a peek of some of the goings on for the week.
Number 1
My first grade class went on our first field trip.  We went to the high school where most of the students will eventually attend for a pumpkin patch day.  The activities including a hay ride, art project, story time, and sampling pumpkin food were led by the high schoolers.  It was a fun day and great to see former students in leadership roles.

Number 2
My new rain boots arrived just in time for the trip.  I love them.  I have one pair of Hunter boots in navy.  This time I went for the shorter style, which is a better fit if you are under 5'5.  The pink is fabulous.

Number 3
This week my daughter had her first kindergarten performance at school, she even had to learn a speaking part ("Can you believe we will be the graduating class of 2026?").  She was awesome.  She also has her first big kid choir performance a church tomorrow.  Plus we went on her first field trip, the day after my first field trip.  Her class walked to the police and fire station.  It was a beautiful day and so nice to be a mommy instead of the teacher in charge.

Number 4
To be a chaperone I had to get my first set of sub plans ready for the year.  My goal is to put together a set of picture based plans to put with my sub materials.  I've found a few examples on Pinterest.  Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I really think this type of sub plan would be great.
Jen at Draw the Line At has some great organizational ideas for sub plans.

Number 5
I'm having a sale Saturday through Monday at my Teachers Pay Teachers store.  I have a set of literacy and math centers for October that might be really useful for you in the coming weeks.  Stop by if you get a chance.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend.


Thanks also to Doodlebugs Teaching for each week hosting Five for Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Amber, I love the idea of having visual plans with pictures. What a great idea. I would love to see how your sub plans turn out. Will you give us a peek when you are finished? Have a great weekend!

    Karen
    An Apple a Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your field trip week looked like so much fun- for your class and your daughter's! I am so glad you got to go! LOVE the idea of pictures in sub plans. What a great idea! Sometimes trying to explain where something is gets so wordy and confusing ("The books are on the back table on the side under this and over that...").
    Have a great weekend!
    Carolyn
    Kindergarten: Holding Hands and Sticking Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fun week! I love the idea of going to a local high school for pumpkin fun. Enjoy your weekend :)
    Annie
    Three Cheers for First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! You did have a busy week. Your idea to take pictures for the sub is great! I feel like I write volumes for my subs and this would cut down that precious time! Where's my camera! A looks so proud. The class of 2026 sounds unreal!

    ReplyDelete