Thursday, July 4, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Calendar Math

Happy Fourth of July!  We are having a rainy Fourth here, which is very unusual.  We took  A  to her first big fireworks this weekend and our family picnic is moving ahead (rain or shine) this evening.  The rain has not completely stopped our fun.

Today is also Throwback Thursday at The First Grade Parade.  I wanted to share a past post about calendar set up in my class.  Most summers I spend time reevaluating how calendar math is working and what I might like to change.  I really love looking at what other teachers are doing with their calendar area.  Read on to see a glimpse of mine.
* * *This is a portion of the original post from April 22, 2013* * *
I'm really excited about Flying Into First Grade's Let's Get Acquainted Linky topic.  It is:
My Classroom (Share Three Favorite Areas)
I really love seeing picture of other classrooms.  I always get so many ideas.  I like really organized spaces that emphasize function.  Below you will find three areas that get a lot of use in my first grade classroom.

Number 1-Calendar

Thanks for stopping by and reading.  For more Fourth of July Throwback fun visit The First Grade Parade.  Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post! I'm about to put up my calendar and enjoyed looking at your version. I love the math vocab tree. CUTE!! Everything is nice and neat-something I need to aspire to.I don't know which is worse, your rain on July 4th or our 110 degree temps...no matter what, have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a thorough calendar routine; nothing is left undone! Just love it!
    Tamra and Sarah
    First Grade Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your Rocket tree with math vocab!! I adore that story and you have inspired me to do something with Rocket next year... Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas! Your calendar area looks fabulous!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers

    ReplyDelete