Saturday, July 6, 2013

What an Honor

Hello Everyone.  Jenna at The Fashionista Teacher recently nominated School Is a Happy Place for a Liebster Award.  Liebster is German and means "dearest," "lovely," "cute," "beloved," and "welcome."  What a great word.  Since blogging is about creating community, this award is a fabulous way to spread the word about new blogs. 
Thanks so much Jenna!





To accept the nomination I must:
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees
6. Contact your nominees and let them know you nominated them


*My Blog Nominations*









Alisha @ First Grade Follies

Courtney and Sarah @ Hoots N' Hollers





* Here Are Jenna's Questions for Me*
1. What is your favorite thing about yourself?
2. What is your favorite place to shop? 
3. Where would your dream wedding be?
4.  Why did you start your blog?
5. What is your favorite blog (besides mine)?
 6. Do you have a special talent?
7. What is the last book you read?
8. What's the number one most played song on your itunes?
9. What do you miss most about being a kid?
10. What chore do you hate the most?
11. What is your favorite time of day/day of the week/month of the year?  

*My Responses*
What is my favorite thing about myself?
I am a dedicated person.  When I commit to something I really give it my all.

What is my favorite place to shop?
On my computer.  I love shopping online.  My favorite store is J. Crew.

Where would my dream wedding be?
A wedding in Hawaii would be wonderful.

Why did I start my blog?
There are several reasons, but mainly I love the classroom ideas on display through teaching blogs.  Now that I have a blog, I love the community that teaching blogs create.  Ideas, stories, thoughts, products, book recommendations, and on and on from educators around the world.

What is my favorite blog?
There are so many, I really hate to pick.  But, if I have to . . . Cara Carroll's First Grade Parade.  I think I found hers first and have been a regular reader ever since.

Do you have a special talent?
I'm not sure this is a talent, but . . . I have taught group fitness classes for just shy of twenty years.  I started my freshman year in college.  I have taught step, kickboxing, strength, and Pilates.

What is the last book I read?
It was Mini Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella.  I usually go for funny and light-hearted.

What is my number one most played song on my itunes?
Where the Streets Have No Name by U2

What do I miss most about being a kid?
I miss how slowly time seemed to go by.  Now time seems to move at warp speed.

What chore do I hate the most?
I hate laundry.  It is never caught up.  It is like a finish line that just keeps moving.

What is my Favorite time of day, day of the week, month of the year?
My favorite time of the day is probably dinner time.  I love that my family sits down together without other distractions.
My favorite day of the week is Friday.  Most of the work for the week is behind me.
My favorite month is June.  Where I live the weather is usually nice, but not too hot and there is still plenty of summer to go.

Now for 11 Random Facts About Me
1.  I teach at the school where I attended.  I am actually the third generation from my family to attend the school.
2.  I really like older homes.  My house was built in the 1940's.
3.  I do a good deal of volunteer work through my church, mainly feeding the needy in my community.
4.  I am married to my 6th grade crush.
5.  I am a fan of meaningful quotes.  My favorite is "Comparison is the thief of joy." -Theodore Roosevelt
6.  My birthday is on New Year's Day.
7.  A graduated from the University of Tennessee with a degree in history.
8.  My favorite style icon is Audrey Hepburn.
9.  I'm a perfectionist.  But I'm trying to change my ways.
10.  I really love children's lit.  I think my favorite children's book is Harry the Dirty Dog by Gene Zion.
11.  When I was 8 years old a neighboring city hosted The Miss USA Pageant.  I wrote a letter for a contest and was picked to be a "little sister" to one of the contestants.  I got to go to several events and wear a very official sash.  I was in girly girl heaven.


*My 11 Questions for My Nominees*
1.  Why did you start bogging?
2.  If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
3.  What story does your family always tell about you?
4.  What is your favorite song?
5.  What is your favorite outdoor activity?
6.  You have a ten minute speech to give at a high school, what is it about?
7.  Where do you like to vacation?
8.  What is one goal you have made for yourself this year?
9.  Do you have a pet(s)?  If so, what type do you have?
10.  Are you married?  Do you have children?
11.  What do you "know now" that you wish you "knew then"?


Thanks again to Jenna.  I'm am very honored to be included in your nominees.  Be sure to check out my nominees to get to know some more great bloggers.
Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. It was fun learning more about you! Keep up the great work on your blog! I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so very much for the nomination! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete